Savings of 30%+ can be achieved by using FairUsage, so how does it work?
At the heart of the controller is a state-of-the-art microprocessor with 8 temperature sensors, 8 occupancy sensors and 8 mains electricity relays. This can manage and control a block of 8 apartments. The program inside the controller has the following functions:
- Accurately switching on/off electric heater using a heating diary. Heating is not left on during weekends, holidays or planned absences, unless the apartment
is being used. For each separate apartment,
- The heating diary can be different.
- Different set-points at different times of the day - different conditions for different people.
- A "self learning" heat-loss algorithm that works out the heat-loss profile of a particular apartment. This allows the controller to switch the heating on later (and off earlier) on warm days and earlier/later for cold days, automatically adjusting the heating depending on how warm it is outside.
- Automatic occupancy detection allowing the temperature to reduce to a background when the apartment is not used and quickly bringing it up to temperature when people return.
- Gradient control of room temperatures at different times of the day.
- User "heat me now" buttons that revert back so the heating is not left on too high so as to affect behavioural change.
- User "boost" button that degrades back to setpoint slowly so no sudden drop in temperature.
- Night setback temperature, reducing the night heating by a few degrees to still keep 24/7 operations warm whilst saving energy and money. Particularly useful for healthcare installations.
- Electricity usage monitoring from pulse meters to calculate accurate minute-by-minute costings together with kWh’s and CO2 statistics.
- Email/text alerts if:
- A heater fails
- Abnormally high temperature (fire?)
- Abnormally low temperature
If your property is heated using Gas or Oil, visit our parent product, HeatingSave.